The Benton Club of St. Joseph
Originally owned by George Olds, an agent for the Kansas City, St. Joseph, and Council Bluffs Railroad, and constructed as a double-brick residence completed in the summer of 1878. The architect for the original structure is unkown, but cost $11,000 to construct. In 1900 a ballroom addition for the building was designed by Edmond J. Eckel. Eckel was commissioned again in 1933 to add a gymnasium and squash court onto the building.