Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad Depot
Constructed in 1909, the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad Depot is a good example of an early 20th-century train station. It was built by the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad and was one of two train stations in the city (the other was the Wabash Railroad Station). Notable features include the octagonal pavilion, terra-cotta, red brick, and arched windows. Currently, the building is home to Shiloh Bar & Grill. Its construction was a reflection of how important railroads were as a key economic driver in Columbia and the region. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.