Clio Logo

Built 1924. The only completely brick structure in the Village of Lisle. The first library was kept in the home of Andrew Squire. Later the Ladies’ Village Improvement Society maintained a library in the old Camp House, and still later in a home on Main Street near the railroad tracks. The present library was given to Lisle by Herbert Franklin in memory of his father Charles R. Franklin, in hopes that it would serve as “a repository for the collection and preservation of local historical data.” Mr. Franklin was the designer of the Franklin air-cooled automobile.