Bristol Warehouse Historic District
A symbol of Bristol’s economic boom experienced roughly twenty years after the end of the Civil War, the Bristol Warehouse Historic District includes an area once filled with warehouses and industrial constructions. The district, located on the Virginia side of the Bristol border, features several surviving industrial and commercial buildings constructed as early as 1880 and as late at the 1950s. The building’s official listing in the National Register of Historic Places, completed in 2012, includes six buildings and one additional contributing item. The six buildings include an old railroad station, four warehouses and one nearby home. The final contributing item to the Bristol Warehouse Historic District is the collection of the late 19th Century railroad tracks still visible throughout the district. These tracks were originally constructed as a product of prison labor and called the Bristol Coal and Iron Narrow Gauge Railroad.