Daniels Hall is located on North Campus at North Carolina State University. Previously home to Career Planning, Placement Center and International Travel, this building is now used for research in plasma physics, wave transmissions, aeronomy and laser studies. Daniels Hall was built in 1926. This building was once named the Civil Engineering Building and then Mann Hall before coming to be known as Daniels Hall.
Backstory and Context
Two years after its construction, a new wing was added. The East Wing was added for an Engineering Experimentation Station. Due to the expansion of the Experimentation Station, this program moved out in 1946. A West Wing was added in 1953.
The Computer Science Department decided to occupy the building fourteen years later and one third of the building is currently used by this department.The remaining space is used for labs and physics classes today.
Spencer, Chris. CSC Buildings at NCSU. February 21, 2002. Accessed May 17, 2019. https://www.csc.ncsu.edu/department/history/buildings.pdf.
. . https://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/catalog/mc00336_Daniels-Hall#?c=&m=&s=&cv=&xywh=-1641%2C-87%2C7004%2C2813.