Bexar County Courthouse
Designed by J. Reily Gordon, Bexar County Courthouse is a beautiful Romanesque Revival historic building erected in 1896. Given its location on the Main Plaza and and near San Fernando Cathedral, the courthouse is among the city's more important landmarks, still serving as the center of local and regional judicial activity. It was built with native Texas granite and red sandstone, and features towers, a tile roof, and several colonnades. A number of additions were built in the coming decades after it was built, reaching its current size by the early 1970s. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is the fourth courthouse of the county; the first was erected in the early 1740s.
Williams, Joe R. "Bexar County Courthouse." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. https://catalog.archives.gov/OpaAPI/media/40971211/content/electronic-records/rg-079/NPS_TX/77001426.pdf.
Photo: The Historical Marker Database