Clio Logo
Poplar Bluff Missouri History Tour
Item 2 of 6

Butler County Courthouse has been the seat of county government since it was built in 1928. It was designed in the Neo-Classical style and features Doric columns and other architectural elements of this style. Situated in the heart of downtown Poplar Bluff, the building has been well maintained and largely unaltered. Until the 1970s, a jail was located in the attic. The courthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.


  • Butler County Courthouse was built in 1928.
Thomason, Philip. "National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form." December 1, 1994. https://dnr.mo.gov/shpo/nps-nr/94001400.pdf.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons
0