Clio Logo
Maumee Ohio Driving Tour: Fallen Timbers to Fort Miamis
Item 3 of 6

The First Presbyterian Church of Maumee was organized by eleven charter members on January 9, 1820. Services were held in the members’ homes or in the local schoolhouse until a small frame church was built in 1837 on land that had been reserved for religious purposes. The church was refurbished in 1920 as the congregation grew. In 1950, an adjacent house was added for Sunday School classrooms and a meeting space. The church acquired property for a new sanctuary in 1960, though it was not finished until 1969. Since then, the original chapel, Sunday School classrooms, and Fellowship Hall have all been updated.


  • First Presbyterian Church of Maumee.
  • A historical marker in front of the church.
  • Inside the sanctuary.
History. First Presbyterian Maumee. Accessed July 31, 2018. http://www.firstpresmaumee.org/about/history/. Information and photo source.

Home. First Presbyterian Maumee. Accessed July 31, 2018. http://www.firstpresmaumee.org/. Information and photo source.

First Presbyterian Church. Remarkable Ohio. Accessed July 31, 2018. http://www.remarkableohio.org/index.php?/category/951.