Clio Logo
Westport Kansas City Walking Tour
Item 5 of 10
This Chouteau-Bridger Building is a building that shares a lot and is connected to the Ewing-Boone Building. The building was originally built between 1850 and 1851. Cyprien Chouteau was the original owner from 1850-1866 then was bought Jim Bridger. The building used to hold Westport’s only newspaper during the 1850’s. This newspaper was shut down by Union soldiers in 1861 due to the newspapers pro-southern publications. Union captain Albert Wachsmann, used the building as an outfitting store for wagon trains.

Chouteau-Bridger Building

Chouteau-Bridger Building
Westport Historical Society