The Dickinson Memorial Library is an example of Masonry Vernacular Architectural style. Construction completed in 1919, the library building was a gift from Albert and Emma Dickinson in memory of Albert's sister, Melissa, who was an honored resident of Orange City. The adjacent street, Albertus Way, was named after Albert Dickinson as it was a new street at the time the library was being built. The firm of J.H. Bates and Sons was the contractor for the new library building.
Constructed in 1928, this Neo-Classical Revival architecture stands out as one of the city's most significant historic resources. Town Hall was designed to house all offices of the City of Orange City, FL during the boom era of Florida development. The structure remains in use today for Orange City administration offices. The basement level, although now offices, still boasts two early jail cells.
Established February 5, 1944, the Orange City Shuffleboard Club has provided entertainment and sport to the community for nearly 75 years.
This two-story structure was built in 1926 for John W. Camac and named for his wife's family. A seasoned real estate developer and banker, Camac commissioned J.P. Prettyman to build the hotel as well as complete the construction of the adjacent Laverne Apartments. The hotel was advertised on February 4, 1927 in the Orange City Times. It contained a lobby and seventeen rooms on the second floor and five commercial stores on the first floor. The commercial stores were home to hair dressers, hardware stores, antiques dealers, and used book retailers. Other notable commercial occupants on the first floor included the town post office and the Beverly Restaurant.
This former residence is now occupied by Signal 21 Security.
This historic multi-family apartment complex was built in 1926 by John W. Camac, a popular real estate developer. It is an example of wood-framed Masonry Vernacular. The apartment building loosely demonstrates Mediterranean revival influence. This structure contains 10 two-room apartments. It is located next to the historic Erwin Hotel, also built by Mr. Camac. The apartments have also been named the Nassau Apartments and more recently, the Townhouse Apartments.
The Melissa Dickinson House is located at 257 South Volusia Avenue. Originally constructed in 1890, the architectural style is primarily Frame Vernacular, The home was owned by Melissa Dickinson who was the older sister of Albert Dickinson Jr. She was involved in cultural organizations and projects in Orange City. She lived in this house until her death in 1910.
The Piper House is a residential structure built in 1885 by F.T. and Mary Piper. The dwelling's architectural style is known as Frame Vernacular. This style design was popular in central and south Florida, featuring large covered porches and gabled sloped roofs of tin. These homes were commonly painted in pastel colors to compliment the Florida climate.
This historic park, owned by the Village Improvement Association Orange City Woman's Club (VIA), opened in 1916. The centrally located park has been the site of countless community gatherings including picnics, celebrations, and political events. The VIA maintains ownership of the property today, but leases the park to the City of Orange City.
This 1910 Colonial Revival structure is located in the center of the historic commercial district,