Weston First City Building
Bennett's furniture store
Backstory and Context
Previously owned by Frederick Brinkman, the building was acquired at the end of May in 1899 and was first used for storage of street repair tools, fire hoses and other town property. The offices of the Mayor and City Clerk, and a two-cell jail, were installed in the building a few years later. Before the city’s purchase of this building, “City Hall” was wherever the Mayor of that date had his place of business or office.
Smith, E. C. (2010). History of lewis county, west virginia. Place of publication not identified: Nabu Press.
Gilchrist-Stalnaker, J., & Oldaker, B. R. (2010). Lewis County. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Pub.