In January, 1994, the Northridge Earthquake devastated Fillmore including the Museum. The Museum was completely closed for 4 years as the Depot and Boxcar were moved to the Museum’s current location. The 1905 Hinckley House, which originally stood a few block north of the current site, was donated on the condition it be moved and restored. Similarly, the 1919 Rancho Sespe Bunkhouse was donated, moved and restored. These structures, as well as the former Bardsdale Post Office, a 1968 caboose and the City Gazebo make up the park which is now the Fillmore Historical Museum.
The Museum houses displays reflecting the Santa Clara River Valley’s history from the Native American settlements through to the present. Particular emphasis is on the impact the railroad had on building the communities of the Valley and the growth and changes in agriculture. Changes in society are reflected in exhibits relating to the schools, businesses and social organizations. No history of the Valley would be complete without relating the impact of natural and man-made disasters from river flooding, to earthquakes to fires, the Valley has survived it all.