Saranac Lake Study and Craft Guild House
Trudeau Sanatorium had a very successful occupational therapy program, and in 1936, the Saranac Lake Study and Craft Guild was established to provide education, job training, and enrichment for patients in the village, as well as local residents. Courses offered by the Guild were diverse, covering academic subjects like literature and history, as well as more skilled work like glove-making and x-ray technique. In 1962, the property was given to the Saranac Lake Free Library and the Guild house was demolished to make room for an addition to the library. The X-Ray program continued on and eventually became the founding program at North Country Community College.
Guild House, Historic Saranac Lake Local Wiki. Accessed April 9th 2020. https://localwiki.org/hsl/Guild_House.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise