Roberts Block was built in 1900 by William F. Roberts, real estate dealer. In the early years of the building, A. Bruzza Confectionary operated in the building. This shop was fondly remembered by older SL residents for its marble tables and counters, its baskets of fruit, its ice cream and candy, and its stalks of bananas hanging in the windows. In 1923, the building was purchased by T.F. Finnigan and opened as a clothing store. The building was owned by Finnegan’s descendants until 2018 when it was sold. The store remains the T.F. Finnigan clothing store (2020).
Advertisement for T.F. Finnigan clothing store (c. 1923)
Roberts Block , Historic Saranac Lake Local Wiki. Accessed April 8th 2020. https://localwiki.org/hsl/Roberts_Block.