Zephyrhills Army Airfield Military Museum
Backstory and Context
Originally built as a municipal airport in the 1930s, this airfield was acquired by the US Army in 1942 and became a training site for P-51 Mustang pilots. The airfield was home to the 10th Fighter Squadron from 1943-1944. The museum preserves and shares this history through exhibits drawn from artifacts such as uniforms, and equipment as well as items from the time period such as ration coupons. The museum also includes static displays such as military trucks as well as aircraft.