Built between 1899 and 1903, Currier Block has been utilized in many different ways since. Currier Block was used as a cure cottage during the years that Saranac Lake was a health resort for those "curing" from tuberculosis, and operated under many different names, including Dawson Cottage (1911), Sherlock Cottage (1911), Tower Cottage (1928), and Johnston Cottage (1930), and Currier's Apartments in 1950. During this time, it was also where the Currier Press was located, which was operated and owned by Al Currier. The building is currently a Little Italy restaurant.
, Historic Saranac Lake . Currier Block , Historic Saranac Lake Local Wiki. Accessed April 6th 2020. https://localwiki.org/hsl/Currier_Block.