10th Street Stadium (The Arboretum)
Backstory and Context
Tenth Street Stadium was built in 1925 as the primary home for the Indiana University's football team. It held around 20,000 people and it replaced Jordan Field which was the primary field since 1887. In 1943 the Cincinnati Reds came to Bloomington to participate in spring training while World War II was happening. Right near the Tenth Street Stadium was an open field that the Cincinnati Reds used to practice while in Bloomington. Right around the corner of the field was a house that is now home to the psychology building is what the team used to change before going to Jordan Field.
“Campus History.” Indiana University Bloomington: Campus History, September 7, 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20080316234155/http://www.iub.edu/history/.
“IU Through the Years: Tenth Street Stadium.” The Hoosier Times, September 21, 2018. https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald_times_online/hto_now/iu-through-the-years-tenth-street-stadium/article_abf4cf88-eda8-5b9a-8296-856f82fdb847.html.
“Tenth Street Stadium.” Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, January 6, 2020. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Street_Stadium.