Clio Logo

The Andy Camper house is at the corner of Jackson and Penn Streets Down the street on the corner of Jackson and Wharton is the Spencer Jackson house These are the other corner log cabins on the northernmost block of the sixteen squares. Each of the sixteen squares was divided into 4 building lots. The first houses were built on the street corner of the lot with the interior space of the squares used for livestock and gardens. As space was needed for more houses, they began to fill the interior spaces with more structures. The mustard colored house between the Andy Camper house and the AME Church is the Purdue house built in 1925. This is an example of the end fill space within a square.