Clio Logo

This two-story wood-frame structure, with a symmetrical villa-type floor-plan and crowning cupola, was built between 1856 and 1860 by Edward Brown Young and his wife, Ann Fendall Beall. It remained in the Young family for five generations, passing to the builder's daughter, Anna Beall Young, and her husband, Stouten Hubert Dent in the 1879.


  • Fendall Hall is one of Alabama's outstanding Italianate houses and contains elaborate and rare interior decorative painting dating from the 1880s.