Clio Logo

Designed in Cobb and Frost in 1882, the building had crennelated and turreted sandstone and granite. It was described as a "monstrosity plucked from a goldfish bowl". The building spent 3 years under construction and cost $1,000,000 in 1892. Potter Palmer owned the entire block and purchased many other parcels of land in the area. The home that was formerly there was referred to as "the Castle" and was torn down in the 1950s to build the two current apartment houses.