The 1793 Christian Schropp House
Situated along historic Main Street in Lititz, Pennsylvania, the 1793 Christian Schropp house is the location of the Lititz Museum and gift shop, which is owned and maintained by the Lititz Historical Foundation. Visitors to the Lititz Museum can gain knowledge of the history of Lititz, as well as learn what life was like during the time that Schropp lived there.
Backstory and Context
Owned and maintained by the Lititz Historical Foundation, the 1793 Christian Schropp House is an excellent example of 18th century German architecture. When Schropp built this home, every resident of the town had to be a member of the Moravian faith.
During his time in Lititz, Schropp served as a nail smith, school teacher, and also played the organ in the Moravian Church.
The Schropp house serves as the location of the Lititz Museum and gift shop. Inside this donation-based museum visitors will find many artifacts and antiques which tell the story of the history of Lititz, which was founded in 1756. Visitors welcome!
Lititz Historical Foundation