Exactly a year later in 1882, Paddock's husband, Bishop John A. Paddock, dedicated the Fannie C. Paddock Memorial Hospital in honor of his late wife. The hospital was located at 2511 N. Starr St. in Tacoma. As the population grew, the hospital moved to 312 S. J Street and was located on a plot of land that was donated by the Tacoma Land Co. In 1895 the hospital created the first nursing school in Washington and graduated its first class of nurses two years later. In 1912, the Fannie C. Paddock Hospital changed its name to the Tacoma General Hospital.