Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church
Backstory and Context
The church was established in 1864 as a mission of the Diocese of Texas in the town of Millican. The congregation moved to Bryan in 1867 as a result of yellow fever epidemic, which drastically reduced the population in Millican. Also, railroads had been built from Houston to Bryan, which made relocating to Bryan much easier. The congregation's first church was built in 1868 and was located at 25th and Parker Streets. Construction of the current church building began in 1912 and was completed two years later. The first service was held on Palm Sunday in 1914. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
"History." Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church. Accessed December 12, 2019. https://www.standrewsbcs.org/welcome/history.
"Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. September 25, 1987. https://catalog.archives.gov/OpaAPI/media/40968455/content/electronic-records/rg-079/NPS_TX/87001646.pdf.
Larry D. Moore, via Wikimedia Commons