The other stone in the cemetery lists members of the Tobin family: John Compton Tobin (no dates given), Laura Virginia [Thompson] Tobin (1845-1915), and Amanda Abigail Tobin (1876-1904). Laura may have been Armistead's sister. Records of burials indicate that many other members of the family are buried here, but the stones have disappeared. The last recorded burial at this cemetery was in 1918.
The rural area developed into a busy urban center, with the widening of the Lee Highway in the 1920s and 1930s and the construction of the Pan Am Shopping Center next to the cemetery in the 1970s. The developers wanted to exhume the bodies buried here and reinter them at another site, but the Thompson descendants fought the Virginia Department of Transportation and real estate developers to keep the cemetery intact.