The Bologna Performing Arts Center at Delta State University was built in 1994 and opened in 1995. The theater seats nearly 1200 patrons and hosts regional and national acts on the Delta State campus. The center was made possible through state funding and generous donations, including a two million dollar donation from local dermatologist Nino Antony Balogna. The sculpture garden is located next to the performing arts center and is always changing. Sculptures are chosen and displayed in the garden as part of a biennial competition. Over a dozen winning sculptures from previous competitions have been purchased and placed throughout the Delta State campus.
The center also hosts a school-time matinee program and the Janice Wyatt Summer Arts Institute (MSAI), a summer program that introduces children and youth to the arts.