Andrew Thomas House
Built in 1869, this handsome building, which is now Camden's public library, is an excellent example of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture. It is named after Andrew Thomas, a prominent figure at the time who worked as a banker and grain dealer. He was also a Jackson Township Trustee and a founder of the Camden Bank. The home was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
Backstory and Context
The library was founded in 1928 and opened its first location in a pharmacy a year later. It moved to another building in 1950 where it remained until 1969.
McCouch, Dennis. "Thomas, Andrew, House." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. December 27, 1984. https://npgallery.nps.gov/GetAsset/1e0b863b-7187-4099-8d50-91c5fe807c26.