Clio Logo

This structure was erected in 1954 - 1955 as a multi-function third City Hall. The first City Hall was the original Roundhouse. The second was a two-story wooden building located at the southwestern corner of the intersection of Garner and Martin Streets, where George Washington Wise's house had been. City Hall is now located at the new Madison Government Center on Hughes Road.


This structure was erected in 1954-5 as a multi-function third City Hall. The first City Hall was the original Roundhouse. The second was a two-story wooden building located at the southwestern corner of the intersection of Garner and Martin Streets, where George Washington Wise's house had been.

Since the early 1990s Madison has enjoyed a modern fourth City Hall on Hughes Road.

The facility at 101 Main Street is operated by owner Cindy Sensenberger as a restaurant, with an outdoor pavilion and inside seating, including two of the 1950s jail cells. It is hugely popular with many dishes favored by local residents. Recently, this restaurant began opening for dinner on selected