This company was established by James Kay and his brother-in-law James Laing in 1891 just south of the New River, their company was the first mining company in Raleigh County. Once they got the necessary company buildings they ended up building 75 houses for the workers, today only the stone foundation is visible. The houses they built only cost $5.99 a month with an additional $1.00 for coal. once the company was up and running more buildings were built, including a school, church, theater, and pool room.