The Lincoln Club building was constructed in 1890. The club itself was founded in 1878 as a social club and to promote Republican causes, but by the time the building was built, it functioned largely as a social club.The building's designer was Mexican-born, Paris-trained Rudolph Daus, who designed a number of prominent buildings in the area. Like other club houses of the time, the Lincoln Club was large and imposing with florid architectural features, including a massive LC carved in terra cotta at the top of the building's four stories.
In the years of the early twentieth century, many of Brooklyn's wealthiest residents moved to Manhattan and many of the social clubs began to decline. The Lincoln Club disbanded in 1931, and the building became the property of the Independent Order of Mechanics, a Masonic organization.
The Lincoln Club building is one of the only remaining social club buildings left in Brooklyn, and one of the most intact of Daus's designs. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.