Established in 1929, Woodward Park is considered one of Tulsa's finest parks. Forty-four acres in size, the park features two garden areas—the Tulsa Rose Garden and the Upper and Lower Rock Gardens—the Tulsa Garden Center, the Tulsa Arboretum, and the Linnaeus Teaching Garden. Other highlights include a brick carriage house, a sunken garden, a glass conservatory, and a barn used for the teaching garden. The Tulsa Garden Center is located in the historic David R. Travis Mansion, which was built in 1919 (his brother, Samuel, built the historic residence next door that is now the home of the Tulsa Historical Society).
The park and gardens are listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Woodward Park and Gardens Historic District. In addition to the gardens, the park offers a variety of programs centered around horticulture and the environment for both children and adults.