—- The smallest Sand Fork High School graduating class was the 1924 class of four members; the largest was the 32-member class of 1966.
—- The school song, which begins “Proudly stands our schoolhouse on the hill”, was written by Mr. Roland Butcher. Mr. Walker Bailey, ’40, wrote the school hymn, “Look for the Right.”
—- The evergreen shrubbery near the front south corner of the high school building was a gift to the school from Mr. Ford Lowe, ’35, owner of Lowe’s Nursery in Parkersburg.
—- In 1969, a county high school was established, combining Glenville, Sand Fork, Tanner, Troy, and Normantown. These five schools became elementary schools, and Gilmer County High School opened in 1969.
—- Sand Fork High School’s girls’ basketball team were runners-up to the state champions in 1925. At center was Freda Brown (Burke). Forwards were Ruth Lynch and Violet Moore (Marks). Guards were Dora Wiant (Marshall), Ormeda Moore (Marks).