The Schneider Building was constructed at the northeast corner of Felix and Seventh Streets in September 1887. It was the first home of St. Joseph's YMCA until 1912 when it moved to Tenth and Faraon. The Schneider Building was torn down during Urban Renewal in 1975. The spot was developed into an outdoor mall during the 1980s and is now the entrance to Coleman Hawkins Park.
Postcard of the S.S. Allen Company at Seventh and Edmond Streets. The Schneider Building can be seen in the background with the domed tower. Image provided by the St. Joseph Museums, Inc.