The Harrington Post Office was constructed in the mid-1930s. The old storefronts built in the mid-1800s were outdated and were torn down for the new post office. A wax tempera mural, Men Hoeing, was painted in 1941 by Eve Salisbury inside the post office. The program was funded by the US Treasury as a part of President Roosevelt’s New Deal. Prior to its construction, the site was home to Denny's Store, one of the first stores in Harrington to offer home delivery. Harrington was the first city in Delaware to offer free rural mail delivery in 1898


  • Denny Store before Post Office
    Denny Store before Post Office
. .