In 1959, St. Stephen’s built a new church on the edge of Harrington, and the Baptist Church
of Harrington purchased the old building. During this time all of the stained glass windows were removed, including the large Rose Window The church was used until 1966, at which time it sat abandoned and began to show its age.
But at 100 years old, this little church was about to find new life. Donated to the Greater Harrington Historical Society, it underwent major repairs to restore it to its former glory, which included the return of the beautiful rose window. The church turned museum was dedicated on May 3, 1987. On October 8, 2014, the Little Red Church was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It remains to this day almost exactly as it was in 1878.