Clio Logo

Although this dorm opened in the fall of 1967, it was known as New Hall until it was named for Paul G. Benedum in 1973. Originally it was a dormatory for women, but now is for male students only.


  • Built in 1967, this building was known as New Hall from 1967-73 when it was named for Paul G. Benedum, Sr.
  • Paul Gregory Benedum, Sr.

Paul G. Benedum, Sr., was the nephew of Michael Benedum.  He served as the President of the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation from 1959-77. He also served on the WVWC  Board of Trustees from 1951-73, and was awarded an Honorary Degree in 1951.  He was a founder of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and was a director and national treasurer of that organization until his death in 1977.


McGrew, Paula L.. Paul Gregory Benedum, Sr.. DreamersAndGiants.com. https://dreamersandgiants.com/bio-benedum-paul-gregory-sr/.

Miller, Brett T.. Our Home Among the Hills, West Virginia Wesleyan College's First 125 Years. Buckhannon, WV. West Virginia Wesleyan College, 2016.