Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library, West Virginia Wesleyan College
Named for a wealthy philathropist, Annie Merner Pfeiffer, the library at West Virginia Wesleyan College was built in 1953, enlarged with a wrap-around addition in 1973, and a renovation is taking place in 2019.In
Backstory and Context
- Satisfy the Enquiring Mind
- Cultivate the Developing Mind
- Be a Guide for the Responsible Mind
- And Be a Bulwark for Preserving the Open Mind
By 1973, a new wraparound addition was needed in order to house the growing collections and to provide space for classes to meet, programs to be held, and office space for the library staff and faculty of the Library Science Department.
In the spring semester of 2019 the library was closed and services temporarily moved elsewhere on campus in order for a renovation project made possible by the Title III grant. It is hoped that it will be completed and ready for the fall semester.
Miller, Brett T.. Our Home Among the Hills, West Virginia Wesleyan College's First 125 Years. Buckhannon, WV. West Virginia Wesleyan College, 2016.
Plummer, Kenneth M. A History of West Virginia Wesleyan College 1890-1965. Buckhannon, West Virginia. West Virginia Wesleyan College Press, 1965.