Fort Worth's Masons organized themselves in 1854 and were officially chartered in 1855. They rented space before constructing their own building, a two-story structure, located at this site in 1857. It was made of red brick and had a bell tower. Lodge functions took place on the second floor and the first floor was divided into rooms used for a public school, church services, and public meetings. The Masons moved out in 1878 after the building became too small, and it is not clear when the building was demolished.