Drumm Farm Center for Children
The Drumm Farm Center for Children is a foster care center established in 1929 as a working farm called the Andrew Drumm Institute. It's namesake and founder, Andrew Drumm (he died in 1919 but drafted his will in 1912), was a successful cattle rancher and prominent businessman from Kansas City who wanted to provide a safe place for orphaned and poor boys to grow up, receive an education, and learn useful agricultural skills. The center is comprised of several buildings and is next to a golf course that, for a time, provided revenue to the institute. Today, the center serves both boys and girls and also provides housing for foster families. It also offers programs to help children and families cope with emotional, physical, financial and other challenges. The center was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2006, which was then still called the Andrew Drumm Institute.
Steele Sr., Patrick H. "Andrew Drumm Institute." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. November 3, 2006. https://dnr.mo.gov/shpo/nps-nr/06001014.pdf.
Drumm Farm Center for Children - Wikimedia Commons
Andrew Drumm - Drumm Farm Center for Children