Texarkana Country Club
Texarkana Country Club Clubhouse facing the greens.
18th hole sand pit facing the clubhouse.
A group of 1914 Golfers that were present when the club first opened.
The Club pool is located on a beautifully groomed one-acre lot, fenced for security.
Our tennis facilities feature 2 lighted clay (Har-Tru) courts and 4 lighted hard courts, all of which are available daily. A full service Tennis Pro Shop is offered and provides an excellent view of all 6 courts from its patio and balcony.
Texarkana Country Club Logo
Backstory and Context
The spot from which he hit that remarkable shot, also known as an albatross, is marked on one of the back nine’s par 5 holes, one that runs roughly 575 yards long.
Or maybe the fairways would chatter about the railroad line that used to run adjacent to the course, the bridge that stretched all the way across the width of the pond, the deer who’ve scampered along the links or the time Tiger Woods played the course as a kid.
Texarkana Country Club began in 1914 with a nine-hole golf course with sand greens. The membership chose the prestigious architectural firm of Langford and Moreau from Chicago to design the current golf course in 1922. Mr. Langford is best known for his style of deep bunkers and sloping greens. After a renovation in the spring of 2000, the challenging layout now measures 6,935 from the championship tees but has definitely retained the flavor of its original design.To build the 18-hole course, $125,000 was needed. Additional acreage was purchased in 1923, allowing enough room for those 18 holes. To raise the money, the country club went to Edwin Frost, an original founder, at State National Bank.
“Texarkana Country Club.” Facebook, www.facebook.com/pg/texarkanacountryclub/about/?ref=page_internal.