Built in 1931 and also known as the T&P Station, the Texas and Pacific Terminal Complex is comprised of three buildings: the passenger terminal/office building, a large warehouse, and an outbound freight building. The terminal/office building is thirteen stories high and was converted to loft homes in 2006. It also serves as the western terminus of the Trinity Railway Express commuter rail line. The building is one of the best examples of Art Deco architecture in the city. Specificially, it is known for its zigzag moderne design. It was the work of architect Wyat C. Hedrick, who also designed many other buildings in Fort Worth. The complex represents both the height and the beginning of the end of the railroad era in the city, as railroads began to be used less and less starting in the 1950s. The complex was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.