By the 1930s, the depot served as a stop for two daily passenger trains as well as two daily freight trains. In addition, trains passed through on a trice-weekly basis with a cargo of fresh meat and cream for local consumers. The depot remained in operation until 1971; for much of this time, from 1931 to early 1971, the freight and passenger agent was Walter W. Roan. Roan's cousin, W.H. Herrin, had been the first freight and passenger agent at the depot.
In 1998, the depot was converted into a museum. The museum contains artifacts such as railroad lanterns, pole spikes, and a MKT desk.