The Trenton War Memorial and Patriot's Theater
Built and opened in 1932, the Trenton War Memorial was originally erected to honor those from Mercy County, New Jersey who served and died in World War 1. Boasting a theater seating 1800 viewers, the memorial still serves its original purpose of being a community asset to this day. After a thorough remodeling and updating, it was rededicated to all of New Jersey's fallen.
Backstory and Context
Come 1999 after five years of work, the memorial was renovated and reopened to the public. Renovation made great efforts to preserve historic value while upgrading the theater for modern usage. Upon completion, the memorial was also rededicated to include all of New Jersey's war dead throughout history.
To this day, the theater is still in use and host multiple events through out each year. People who host shows are able to rent the theater rooms as well. The price varies depending on if it is for profit or non-profit. You can also rent other rooms as well depending on the price and what it is for.
Nigh, Gary. The Trenton War Memorial. The Historical Marker Database. December 01, 2007. . https://www.hmdb.org/PhotoFullSize.asp?PhotoID=11851. Photo of the Redication Marker