Clio Logo

Page Hall is a university building completed in 1922 that sits on the Court of North Carolina. It originally housed the Mechanical Engineering Department of the College of Engineering which has since moved to the newer Centennial Campus. The building still houses Engineering administration and development offices.


Originally built as the mechanical engineering department in 1922, this four-story building was named for Walter Hines Page (1855-1918). Mr. Page was a native of Cary, NC and was a founding father of NCSU. His father was Allison Francis Page who established the towns of Cary and Aberdeen. 

Mr. Page's was highly regarded. He was editor of The State Chronicle. Here he expressed his support for industrial education, small farming, and the development of public schools.

Mr. Page spent 20 years as editor of the Forum, World's Work and Atlantic Monthly, after he moved to New York and London. He also worked for the publishers Houghton Mifflin and started his own company, Doubleday, Page and Company. From 1913 - 1918, he served as ambassador to Great Britain.