Two years after its construction, a new wing was added. The East Wing was added for an Engineering Experimentation Station. Due to the expansion of the Experimentation Station, this program moved out in 1946. A West Wing was added in 1953.
The Computer Science Department decided to occupy the building fourteen years later and one third of the building is currently used by this department.The remaining space is used for labs and physics classes today.