Leazar Hall was built in 1912 and is located in North Carolina State University. It was a campus dining hall seating 750 students until 1971 and now a part of the College of Design. Leazar Hall was named after Augustus Leazar (1843-1905) who was a member of North Carolina House of representatives to establish North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, that now called North Carolina State University, with Charles W. Dabney in 1885. The bill to establish the school was passed in 1887. Augustus was a graduate of Davidson College and fought in the Civil War. He became an educator and newspaper publisher afterward . He was also a politician supporting educational environment improvement. As a head of legislative committee of education, he fought for appropriation for the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. The building was renovated in 1983 and 2006.
Leazar Hall. NCSU Leazar Hall. . . https://projects.ncsu.edu/facilities/buildings/leazar.html.
Leazar Hall. NC State University Library. . . https://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/catalog/0004055#?c=&m=&s=&cv=&xywh=-2052%2C0%2C9867%2C4118.