Clio Logo

The headquarters of the Ohio History Connection, which was known as the Ohio Historical Society until 2014, features a museum, archives/library, historic preservation office, and Ohio Village. The museum's exhibits feature a variety of topics including the Civil War, natural history, glass, pottery and interactive children activities. The Connection is also home to the premier research library on Ohio History. The Archives include 70,000 cubic feet of records including historic newspapers, government records, manuscripts, film, video, photographs, books and maps. In all, the Connection contains 100,000 historical objects of all sizes including automobiles and other modes of transportation, and manages 50 historical sites and museums throughout the state. The Connection was founded in 1885 and its full name was The Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society.


  • The Ohio History Connection was charted in 1885 and adopted its current name in 2014.

Ohio History Connection was established in 1885 as the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society and for many years it was known as the Ohio Historical Society. The organization preserves and shares a collection of historical records and artifacts that connect residents and visitors to Ohio’s history from prehistory to the present. In addition to this museum, the organization operates several other museums and historic sites throughout the state.

"About Us." Ohio History Connection. Accessed September 16, 2014. https://www.ohiohistory.org/about-us.