The Fine Arts Building, affectionately referred to as The FAB by its students, contains several studios, offices, and classrooms. However, the FAB’s grandest feature is its main theatre located in the center of the building. Additionally, the Fine Arts Building has two other theatres, the Cellar Theatre and Arena Theatre. Most of the department’s productions are staged in the Cellar Theatre.
The Fine Arts Building (or FAB) is located at the intersection of Lumpkin St. and Baldwin St. on the University of Georgia’s North Campus and currently houses the Department of Theatre and Film Studies. The building opened in 1941 and housed the Theatre, Art, and Music programs at the University of Georgia.1 The murals above the building’s three main entrances were commissioned as part of FDR’s New Deal (it was the last UGA building to be built with Public Works Administration funds).2 The building went through a massive renovation in 1976 and again in 2009.3