Alexander Campbell King Law Library
Historic Law Library on UGA campus built in 1932 in dedication to the memory of Alexander Campbell King. A donation for the construction of the library was made by Alexander Campbell Kings' widow, Mrs. Alice M. King. Alexander C. King was selected as a judge for the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals just prior to his death in July 1926. The library is also known for being the oldest and largest law library in the state of Georgia.
Backstory and Context
Alexander C. King died on July 25th, 1926, only shortly after having been selected for his position on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and just before his 70th birthday. Alexander C. King, though not educated at UGA School of Law, had a legal practice located in the City of Atlanta. The Law firm, known as King and Spalding was formed in January 1885 and still exists today. Recently recognized for their performance in international arbitration.
The Law Library, known for being the largest and oldest law library in the state of Georgia, houses a collection of more than 500,000 titles in digital and print format. Offering a comprehensive collection of Georgia and Federal laws as well as an extensive collection of U.S. Government Documents, European Union Documents, and United Nations Documents. Also notable is the Alexander C. King Law Library is one of only eleven U.S. Law libraries that keep European Union Documents.
. . https://digitalcommons.law.uga.edu/.
A Timeline of the University of Georgia Libraries. . . https://www.libs.uga.edu/history.
. . https://www.kslaw.com.
. . http://www.law.uga.edu/about-alexander-campbell-king-law-library.