Constructed in 1847, this Gothic Revival home was occupied by members of Dr. Johannes Jones for a century prior to its acquisition by the Richland County Historical Society in 1965. The home now serves as a house museum with period artifacts and exhibits related to the history of Mansfield and surrounding communities. Highlights of the museum collection include a 1905 horseless carriage, an early version of the automobile manufactured locally by the Richland Buggy Company which operated out of Mansfield.
Sandusky City and Mansfield Railroad executive John Robinson constructed the home in 1847 and his family lived here until 1861 when he acquired a silver mine in Mexico. Physician Johannes Aten Jones acquired the home in 1864.