The Grinnell-Angelus Area Heritage Center spans the past, present, and future of the communities of Angelus, Campus, Grinnell, Orange, and Orion. The Heritage Center, located on Main Street of Grinnell, is housed in the historic 1921 Grinnell Township Hall which, at one time, had been used as The Lyric Theater and as a community center.


The Grinnell-Angelus Area Heritage Center was established in 2007 by a group of volunteers to share items and history of the Warriors when Grinnell High School closed in 2007. It has since grown to include the history of local schools, businesses, churches, organizations, military, governments, cemeteries, activities, and families of western Gove, southwest Sheridan, and southeast Thomas counties.

Its purpose is to gather, classify, and preserve a wide variety of artifacts of the surrounding rural areas to demonstrate the uniqueness of this area of Kansas and to provide a place where people can access them. Proud of its research area, there is ample room for research of local history and family genealogy. The collection includes family histories, area histories, old photos, scrapbooks, family files, school newspapers, and online Grinnell newspapers.

The Heritage Center also houses the Randy Struckhoff collection.

The Heritage Center is funded by memberships and donations and supported by the township board.